Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Cauliflower Gratin with Rosemary, Grey Poupon and Parmesan Cheese

I came across this recipe a few months ago and I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to create it with cauliflower from my CSA box. The recipe calls for two heads of cauliflower and since I’m a little behind from my busy last week, I had enough for the recipe.

The results were delicious. The flavors of this dish work very well together without masking the taste of the cauliflower. This is a recipe that will definitely go into the “make again” pile. Many thanks to West Town Tavern for posting this recipe on their website:

Cauliflower Gratin with Rosemary, Grey Poupon and Parmesan Cheese

Note: the recipe does not call for a specific amount of salt or pepper, but I found that this dish needs a lot of seasoning – more than you would think. Season the cream sauce well before combining with the cauliflower. Remember, the cauliflower itself does not have any seasoning (with the exception of the small amount of salt it will pick up from the boiling water), so when the sauce combines with the cauliflower, it needs to make up for the unseasoned ingredients that you are adding.

Photo copyright West Town Tavern

No comments: